Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Paint My Baby Home....

Good morning!  Yes, this is an art blog, but it's about to become an adoption blog as well!  We, the Driver family, are VERY excited to announce that we are starting the process of adoption!

This has been an absolutely amazing journey for us and because of our love for and journeys into Asia, we have decided to adopt from Vietnam.  Last year, our family took an AMAZING trip to Vietnam and for the past two years, we have been learning the language and culture (my kids speak it better than I do!).  We just have a huge love for the Vietnamese people.

There are a few things that stand in the way, however.  Right now, Vietnam is closed for adoptions.  We are keeping our eye on the situation and praying that this will be the year that it opens again once the Hague Convention issue has been resolved there.

Yes, the title of my blog.  I am literally going to "paint my baby home".  This summer, I am going to put all of my efforts into my artwork, selling, painting, advertising.....We are trusting that God will provide for this venture, but we know that we aren't going to stand around with our hands out!  God helps those who help themselves....not exactly Scripture, but close enough!  lol

Somewhere out there, there's a little one who needs us, who needs a family....who needs two big sisters and a big brother who are going to spoil her rotten.  I can hardly wait to meet her, but there's a huge mountain between us and her right now and we are determined to climb it one step at a time (or one brush stroke at a time!)

When we were in Vietnam, we were in a market somewhere shopping for gifts, I think it was Nau Trang. There was this mom there with this ADORABLE little one who was wearing a hat with red curls attached to it.  She was a riot and she wanted each of our kids to hold her and then she would pinch everyone HARD!  Such mischief from such a cutie!

So, please pray with us!  Amazingly, yes, I would take that awful 40 million hour plane ride again if it meant bringing our baby home!





No comments:

Post a Comment